12/27/2001 Entry: "You'll shoot your eye out!"
Some thoughts on my Christmas:
- I find it amusing to think of my mother trying on Doc Martin Boots five sizes too large for my present. I find it funnier that this happened at a place called Journeys, "An attitude you can wear." It looks like a Hot Topic with less street cred. If they gave her any "attitude," I'm sure she squashed it like a grape.
- Totally excellent present that I'm digging right now: Blondie's Eat to the Beat on CD. I loved this album in high school and am very happy to have it back in regular rotation. "Accidents Never Happen in a perfect world."
- We did a little pronoun shifting, as it were, with the Boyfriend exquisitely walking that fine line between friend and 'special' friend at Christmas dinner. He's too good to me.
- Eventually I'll try to hook up my new computer-controlled stereo system. It's kind of like OS X. It looks like it'll be cool, but I'll need to make time to install the thing and then learn how to use it.
- Ladies and Gentlemen, whether you like it or not, The Roommate bought me...Hedwig. That rocks way hard.
Mom, I hope you feel better soon. I think I accidentally gave her my cold for Xmas. Thoughtful, huh?
Replies: 3 comments
Hedwig unleashes the glam punker within. When I of huge openings, I think of Hedwig. Unleashed, aaron
Posted by aaron @ 12/28/2001 01:15 AM PST
Hey! I got Hedwig for Christmas too! :)
Posted by Katrina @ 12/28/2001 03:44 PM PST
"Suddenly I'm this punk rock star of stage and screen and I ain't never ... I'm never turning back."
Posted by David @ 12/30/2001 11:47 AM PST